February 26, 2008

Slow Updates Hide Big Surprises

Its true, I have not updated faithfully, but I blame the proxy settings they forced upon us at work. I can no longer blog during the long, slow downtimes and with the weird shift I have been working, by the time I get home its usually a routine of: eat dinner, watch movie, fall asleep around 11.

Nonetheless, there is a lot to report.

We took our DOT Physicals last Monday and, of course, Mark passed with flying colors. I was fine on everything... but my BG levels. That's blood glucose for the blessedly uninformed. It was quite high - result of my irrational belief in my youthful immortality (which, incidently, I don't believe in at all because I'm a somewhat hypochrondiac-ish with serious death phobia) and neglect of proper medication.

Fortunately, I was able to see my family doctor, get my medication updated and get my DOT card. No sweat. So thanks to our sweet contact at SNI, we are officially a go for STA at Carlisle on 3/1.

Woot, I say, woot.

My last day at work is Wednesday, which leaves us just about 48hrs to get all the laundry, house-cleaning, packing, buying, finding, gathering, preparing done. Whew!

So, starting Friday, expect daily updates about the actual STA and until then, lots of me praying we pass the PWS Stress Test-thingy.

No comments: