March 04, 2008

STA - Day Three

Eek! I didn't get a chance to update last night, after Day Three, because we ran to Wal-Mart to get gloves, ponchos, magnifying glasses and pocket calculators. We were seperated yesterday for the Sim & Lab lessons - I went to those in the morning, then back to class in the afternoon and Grey was vice versa.

We were both really grateful for the "experience" of shifting in the simulator so we don't go completely blind into the real truck today (TODAY?!?! AHHHHH!). I think I got the up-shifting pretty well, rev bump bump. But the bump & run on the way down was giving me fits. I ground a bunch of gears trying to get the clutch-neutral, rev, clutch-gear rhythm down. O'well. It wasn't as horrible as I thought.

We also learned coupling and uncoupling and how to safely climb in & out of the truck and the catwalk. My stubby little legs made it interesting, but I made it - no worries. Whew!

Today we're headed out to the trucks for the first time - to drive them. Grey & I are both excited and nervous. Should be interesting ;) Wish us luck!

No comments: