March 02, 2008

STA - Day Two

Ah, Sunday, I barely knew ye.

I swear, we passed out last night and blinked and it was 4:30 on Sunday and Day Two began. Fortunately (or not) I apparently got enough sleep because I was hyper and excited and could hardly keep from dancing everytime we were on our feet.

The day was pretty uneventful - studying logging requirements and some fatigue goodies. Nothing strenuous, not yet, but tomorrow we hit the Simulators for the first time and have to learn about shifting those big, scary manual transmissions.

10 gears? Jeez.

1st - zero. 2nd - 6. 3rd - 8. 4th - 10. 5th - 15. 6th - 20. 7th - 25. 8th - 30. 9th - 40. 10th - 50 and up.

Woot. Now if we can just remember all that, we're good to go. You should see Grey & I sitting side-by-side shifting in the air with our right hands. Its amusing. And now - back to the Food Network (Oy! I have missed cable tv) or a little Without a Trace and sleeps for me.

No comments: